Sunday, September 13, 2009

Jewelry Fair 2009 - LacieCakes Sneak Peek


As you know, the Jewelry Fair 2009 in Second Life is approaching. The official dates are September 18 - September 27. I'm so excited to be participating in this event. I remember attending the jewelry fair last year. At the time, I had just starting designing and thought to myself "I SO want to be here!". Now, here's my chance! I've been hard at work preparing for this event. They say practice makes perfect, and I've been extremely proud of the designs I've been coming out with. I wanted to share with you a sneak peek at the exclusive items that will be only be available at the jewelry fair.

The "Charity" Jewelry set is the 1 of a kind exclusive item I've made for the jewelry fair's auction. 1 of a kind meaning, whoever wins this item will be the ONLY person to own it in SL! I will not sell variations of this jewelry in my store. It literally will never be seen again. 100% of the items proceeds will be going to the Oxfam International Charity.



The "Garden of Love" necklace is an exclusive item that can be found at my booth during the Jewelry Fair from September 18th to the 27th. 50% of the sales proceeds will be donated to the Oxfam International Charity.


You've seen me write about the Oxfam charity and you're probably thinking... what???? The Jewelers of SL spent weeks looking over charities and Oxfam won our vote. Their website is www.oxfam.org.

"Oxfam International is a confederation of 13 like-minded organizations working together and with partners and allies around the world to bring about lasting change.
We work directly with communities and we seek to influence the powerful to ensure that poor people can improve their lives and livelihoods and have a say in decisions that affect them."
-Oxfam Website

100% of the proceeds from vendor entry fees, one of a kind auctions, paid sponsors, events/games during the fair are going to Oxfam. Many Jewelers are putting up special vendors to share 50% of the proceeds with Oxfam. I'm one of them!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope I see you at the jewelry fair!
<3
LacieCakes

No comments: